Snmp session for both inform and MIB?

Rogliano, Patrice progliano____doubleclick.net
Fri Feb 22 20:14:15 CET 2002

	Hi Frank and all Agent++ users,

We are using Agent++ to manage MIB and send Informs.

We don't have any problems managing MIBs variables. We use a "Snmpx" session
associated to port 161.

In the meantime, the agent also wants to send Inform (blocking informs)
using the same "Snmpx" session associated to port 161.

In those conditions, the Inform call is blocking forever.

Making some test, I noticed that creating a different Snmpx session resolves
the problem.

Is there a clear explanation of the problem? should I stick to 2 separate
sessions? or should I process separately the acknowledgment?

Thanks for you help and your great job.

Patrice.