SNMP_CLASS_TL_FAILED error

Kevin J. Schmidt kschmidt____mindspring.com
Wed Jun 12 20:21:10 CEST 2002

I have a simple trap receiver that is based on the receive_trap.cpp that
comes with SNMP++. I've noticed that the application SEG faults every so
often. If I do a "where" in a gdb session, I see the following:

[Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 15229)]
0x08056bb6 in callback () at eval.c:41
41      eval.c: No such file or directory.
        in eval.c
(gdb) where
#0  0x08056bb6 in callback () at eval.c:41
#1  0x08071e9c in CNotifyEvent::Callback (this=0x81befa0, target=@0x0,
pdu=@0xbffff394, status=-22)
    at notifyqueue.cpp:295
#2  0x080726df in CNotifyEventQueue::HandleEvents (this=0x81ab238,
readfds=@0xbffff764) at notifyqueue.cpp:524
#3  0x0806db35 in CEventList::HandleEvents (this=0x81a8fc0, maxfds=10,
readfds=@0xbffff764, writefds=@0xbffff6e4,
    exceptfds=@0xbffff664) at eventlist.cpp:656
#4  0x0806cded in SNMPProcessPendingEvents () at eventlist.cpp:249

What caught my eye was is the stats=-22 at #1. According to snmperrs.h,
-22 is SNMP_CLASS_TL_FAILED. My first question is whether or not this is
the same error that the CNotifyEvent::Callback method is seeing, and if
so what is causing it? Also, does anyone know if this is what could
cause the SEG faults I'm seeing?

Thanks,
-Kevin