mib table entries additions/updates

Ram Krishnaswamy RKrishnaswamy____pathfire.com
Thu Mar 28 15:54:59 CET 2002

Hello,

I just want you to verify that what I am doing does not have any memory or
performance implications. Probably, there might be a better way to do this
and your comments are welcome.

On initialization of a SNMPv3 agent, I add all the rows into its respective
tables with the current values at that time. For this, I have added methods
in each mibtable class which ultimately calls set_row with the right
parameters.

Once all entries are added, I update the table values only when something
changes. For this, I use an updatemethod that calls ultimately calls
row->get_nth(x)->replace_value(value) where x is the column number to be
replaced.

I perform these operations inside of start_synch() and end_synch() so that
the tables are locked.

Do you see any potential problems with this approach in terms of memory,
performance, etc. Is there a better solution? I just to want to validate
what I am doing is right. Thanks for your help.

Ram Krishnaswamy
x1601