Determinig syntax of a column from a Request.

Gopi Krishna Bhavaraju gopi____pspl.co.in
Wed Nov 27 15:59:54 CET 2002

Hi,

I am working on writing a agent for NT and Solaris. I am updating the MIB using MyTable::Update(Request *r) method. For updation I need to determine the syntax of the requested column. For this I am calling Request::get_syntax(sub_request_id). The problem is that this method always returns sNMP_SYNTAX_NULL as the syntax. I am using Agent++ 3.56.

Is there anything that I am missing ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
--Gopi.

--
Senior Member of Technical Staff