mutex lock on persistence updates

Dave Mason dmason____transat-tech.com
Sat Oct 26 00:41:42 CEST 2002

Hi,
I have an unusually simple question this time. :)  I use a subclass of
MibLeaf for most of my Mib objects, and I have a method which overrides
cleanup_set_request().  In there, I added some code that updates the
persistent storage for the MibGroup that the object belongs to.  I
havent stressed this agent too hard yet, but it occurred to me that if
multiple managers are doing updates at the same time on objects in the
same MibGroup, and both do persistence updates at the same time, could
the persistence file be corrupted somehow?  Should I add a
start_synch()/end_sync() around the persistence update?  In general, is
that true anytime I update persistence myself?  I didnt see that
happening in the toolkit anywhere.

Thanks,
Dave