How do I use AgentX++'s subagent example with snmpd (UCD-SNMP implementation)?

Goh, Betty betty.goh____glenayre.com
Thu Oct 31 03:10:03 CET 2002

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to snmp and AgentX++ and I have some questions that I hope you can
help me.

I've just downloaded AgentX++/AGENT++/SNMP++ to try out the AgentX
implementation and followed the instructions on the INSTALL file compiling
them. I first tested AgentX++'s master agent and subagent implementation and
it seemed to work okay when I use SNMP++'s snmpGet and snmpWalk..

However when I tried to use AgentX++'s subagent with snmpd (as the master
agent), it doesn't work.

I ran the snmpd with the following command "snmpd -p 4700 -x
/var/agentx/master".

Then I did a snmpwalk like this "snmpwalk -t 120 -p 4700 linux3 public
1.3.6.1.4.1.4976.6.1.2". It gave me timeout error. I tried to ping linux3
and linux3 is up and running.

Can someone guide me step by step as to how to make this work?

By the way, I'm working on Linux version 7.2 and the UCD-SNMP is version
4.1.2.

Many thanks.

regards,
Betty