Generating a config change trap

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Wed Sep 4 18:47:13 CEST 2002

Faye,

Unless the trap should be generated for every SET PDU
sent to the master (which I would not consider this
a good design), putting the trap trigger code in the
master is not helpful.

I would suggest putting it in the
MibLeaf::commit_set_request or
MibLeaf::cleanup_set_request method (it is easier to
put it into commit_set_request but may be you have
requirements so that the latter one fits better).

Please note, do not use NotificationOriginator in an
AgentX++ subagent, use SubAgentXMib::notify instead.

Hope this helps.