Minor Windows patches for SNMP++ library

D. R. Evans N7DR____arrl.net
Mon Sep 23 00:59:17 CEST 2002

On 21 Sep 2002 at 13:10, Frank Fock wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please take a look at the latest SNMP++, which is version 3.2.1b.

FYI, there are some minor problems building the current SNMP++ library as-
is under Windows using VC++ 6.0.

1. In auth_priv, apply the following patch (I hope that my mailer doesn't
mangle this too much):

auth_priv.cpp
793c793
<   MD5Update(&MD, data, data_len);
---
>   MD5Update(&MD, (unsigned char*)data, data_len);
998c998
<   DES_CBCInit(&CBCcontext, key, initVect, 1);
---
>   DES_CBCInit(&CBCcontext, (unsigned char*)key, initVect, 1);
1058,1060c1058,1060
<   DES_CBCInit(&CBCcontext, key, initVect, 0);
<   for(int j=0; j<buffer_len; j+=8 ) {
<     DES_CBCUpdate(&CBCcontext, &outBuffer[j], &buffer[j], 8);
---
>   DES_CBCInit(&CBCcontext, (unsigned char*)key, initVect, 0);
>   for(unsigned int j=0; j<buffer_len; j+=8 ) {
>     DES_CBCUpdate(&CBCcontext, &outBuffer[j], (unsigned char*)(&buffer[j]), 8);

2. oid_def.cpp and smival.cpp both complain about the "#warning" directive.
I assume that one can simply comment it out:

oid_def.cpp
30c30
< #warning remove this file...
---
> //#warning remove this file...

smival.cpp
66c66
< #warning remove this file...
---
> //#warning remove this file...

Note also that I had to define RSAEURO and supply the RSAEuro source,
otherwise compiling auth_priv.cpp failed with a complaint about
des_key_schedule being an unknown type.

Also, if you have crypto++ on the same system, you must juggle the order in
which include files are searched so as to ensure that the RSAEURO include
files are searched before the crypto++ include files (since some of the
file names conflict).

  Doc