when to lock a MibTable

Dave Mason dmason____transat-tech.com
Tue Sep 24 17:33:03 CEST 2002

Hi Frank,
This is a quick follow-up to another answer you gave me a while back.
 You once said that if I call MibTable::remove_row (oid) to delete a row
from a table, I should call table->start_synch and table->end_synch to
lock out other threads during the delete.  I took another look at the
remove_row code, and it calls fire_row_changed, which appears to do its
own start_synch and end_synch.  Are the extra start_synch and end_synch
in the user code necessary, or just an added precaution?  I see that
MibTable::add_row works the same way, I assume the answer holds for it
as well.  As before, I'm still on Agent++ v3.5.3a.

Regards,
Dave