Question regarding code generated by AgentGenPro v1.8.6

Paresh Borkar paresh____pspl.co.in
Thu Apr 3 15:34:22 CEST 2003

Hi,

We are using AgentGenPro v1.8.6 to generate code for our mibs. Our mibs
contain a table with some fields having types as AdminString and
DateAndTime. When we run our agent and view the values for these fields
from HP OpenView or IBM Tivoli, the values for both are displayed as hex
encoded values. For AdminString we are giving valid UTF-8 strings. We
are not sure why this is happening?

We noticed that the Agent++ library has classes namely: SnmpAdminString
& DateAndTime to cater to these textual conventions. However, the code
generated by AgentGenPro adds the column information as:

add_col(new MibLeaf(colOurAdminStringField, READONLY, new OctetStr()));

Thus it does not seem to be using the SnmpAdminString class. Same is the
case for DateAndTime. Are we missing something over here?

Also, the DateAndTime class is not supported on Windows platform (it is
defined in an #ifndef _WIN32 block). We are using the following versions
of the libraries:
Agent++ v3.5.6
Snmp++ v3.2.1b

All help on this issue is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paresh.