snmp++v3

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Fri Apr 11 00:20:02 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I have recently downloaded the snmp++v3 api and was
> trying to run the makefile in XExample directory, but
> nothing is working out. Do I have to make any changes?
> I am using redhat linux 8.0. Please let me know.

the XExample is broken! The code has not been updated since some time. I
just did that and fixed some problems in snmp++ when SNMPX11 is defined.

I now get the same error message at runtime that I got the last time I
build it:

| X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
|  Major opcode of failed request:  19 (X_DeleteProperty)
|  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
|  Serial number of failed request:  93
|  Current serial number in output stream:  98

I once tried to debug this, but couldn't find the cause for this error.

Don't use this example for now, unless you want to help to debug the X
error message.