About V1/V2/V3 Notification

罗先录 luoxianlu____huawei.com
Tue Apr 15 12:01:13 CEST 2003

Hi,I would like to ask a qustion about sending notification.

If I send v1 trap after I calling add_v1_trap_destination ,I will captrue a standard V1 trap. And if I send v2 trap after I calling add_v2_trap_destination ,I will captrue a standard V2 trap.
So I guess that after I calling the add_vX_trap_destination, the Agent will send  _STANDARD_ Trap according RFC 2089 and the snmpTargetParamsEntry, snmpNotifyEntry and snmpTargetAddrEntry and so on,isn't it?

But Frank said that these function should not be used in production.
I guess that he thought these function is too simple for production, don't I?
If I can make parameters in these functions configurated, and set more entry in
snmpNotifyFilterProfileEntry and snmpNotifyFilterEntry, It will be OK?

with regards,
Robert