Returning SNMP errors

l.borelli____cpr.it l.borelli____cpr.it
Mon Apr 28 14:31:14 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I'm actually trying to update my tables by a socket communication with another process: in case of failure (i.e., socket failure, message error, ...) I'd like to have a response failure.
I think the best response is something like "genErr" (as mentioned into the rfc): my thought is to modify the "find_managing_object"  method in mib.cpp, in order to return an error if the "update" call fails.....
But from this point I've noticed that only "noSuchInstance" and "noSuchObject" are available.

Any suggestions?

(as usual) thanks for your kindly help

Leonardo