[AGENT++] Compiling problems in AGENT++3.5.14

Thomas Natterer thomas.natterer at thalesatm.com
Mon Dec 15 15:17:27 CET 2003

Hey,

I have problems to compile
agent++3.5.14 (with snmp++3.2.9.c) with
SNMPv3 disabled.

In config_snmp_pp.h is set

#define _NO_SNMPv3

Compiling stops at agentpp_config_mib.cpp because the compiler
does not find snmpCommunityEntry, due to the preprocessor statement
(#ifdef _SNMPv3) in file snmp_community_mib.h.
Nearly the whole code in this file is left out !
(so the class snmpCommunityEntry will not be found !)

Compiling error:
g++ -g -Wall  -c -o agentpp_config_mib.o -I../include
-I../../snmp++/include agentpp_config_mib.cpp
agentpp_config_mib.cpp: In member function `virtual void

Agentpp::agentppCfgSecSrcAddrValidation::get_request(Agentpp::Request*,
   int)':
agentpp_config_mib.cpp:161: `snmpCommunityEntry' undeclared (first use
this
   function)

Further in the file agentpp.h is the wrong version string

#define AGENTPP_VERSION_STRING "3.5.12"
#define AGENTPP_VERSION 3
#define AGENTPP_RELEASE 5
#define AGENTPP_PATCHLEVEL 12