upgrade questions

Dave Mason dmason____transat-tech.com
Sat Feb 1 00:46:30 CET 2003

Maybe I'm in good shape.  We don't use SNMPv3 or libdes.  In config.h I
did #define _NO_SNMPv3, and I pulled libdes out of the link.  If I pick
up the latest code and leave SNMPv3 turned off, am I OK?  Then later
when I want v3 I can use the new classes.  Just clarifying that your
comment about "queues within snmp++" doesnt impact non-v3 code.

Thanks,
Dave

Jochen Katz wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> to deal with is going to Red Hat 8, which has gcc 3.2.  Are there any
>> known problems with that?  Is anything expected to break?  (We now
>> have gcc 2.96-98.)
>

> no, as I'm using a gcc 3.2.
>
>> Next, sooner or later we'll need to catch up to the latest
>> agent++/snmp++ distributions.  I have followed the change lists for
>> the newer versions, but I dont remember seeing anything about the
>> newer releases not being backward compatible.  Can I take my code,
>> which inherits off the toolkit classes, and run it with the latest
>> agent++/snmp++?  I'm sure you can, but I wonder if there are any
>> fixes I need to do to my code to make it work.
>

> Since 3.1.6 the SNMPv3 code was moved to classes (v3MP and USM)
> (http://www.katz.dusnet.de/agent++Archiv/0212/0003.html).
> For the latest release the queues within snmp++ changed and lots of
> code cleanups have been made.
>
> So you will have to change your code.
>
> Regards,
>   Jochen

Dave Mason  (817)481-4412 x139 voice, (817)481-4461 fax, dmason at transat-tech.com
Transat Technologies                180 State St, Suite 240, Southlake, TX 76092
Integrating 3GSM and WLAN                            http://www.transat-tech.com