Why agent on PPC850 is so slow?

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Mon Feb 17 19:27:51 CET 2003

Hi,

> when I run the agent on ppc850
>  we have to wait almost 2 mins before we can query the agent
> could you please tell me what's wrong with it?

please enable all logging in the agent through
setting it to level 15:
DefaultLog::log()->set_filter(XXXX_LOG, 15);
If this does not show what's happening and you have
defined _SNMPv3, you can recompile snmp++ and agent++
with _DEBUG defined. It's possible that the key generation
(crypto functions) don't perform well on PPC.
In this case: If you/someone know a better lib --> send suggestions.