SilverCreek testing

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Wed Feb 19 00:14:52 CET 2003

Mike,

I also ran SilverCreek Tests in the past on
AGENT++v3 with SNMP++v3. Although SilverCreek,
in most cases, does a real good job, there
have also been been several bugs or incorrect
assumptions about possible states (of an agent)
in the provided test cases.

I have not used SilverCreek for several months
now, so I cannot comment on the latest version.
(I have stopped using it when Jochen and me did
not encounter any problem worth to be fixed.)

What I am trying to say is that, for each
failed test one has to very carefully analyze
why it has failed. Not in any case, the agent
is to blame. In addition, there are some test
cases that are mutually exclusive.

If have have analyzed the failed tests and you
think that AGENT++ or SNMP++ has a bug, I would
be happy if you could send me the description
of the test, and I will try to fix the bug.

Best regards,
Frank Fock