Communities

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Wed Jul 9 22:26:31 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Is it possible to change read, write and trap communities in Agent++?
> I've tried to find it in documentation but it seems that such
> information is not presented there ...

If you don't have SNMPv3 enabled, you can use
RequestList::set_read_community() and RequestList::set_write_community().

With SNMPv3 you can use the VACM to configure different access rights
for communities. The community is mapped to the snmpv3 user name.

The example agents configure the community "public" for v1 and v2c
requests using
   vacm->addNewGroup(SecurityModel_v2, "public",
                     "v1v2group", storageType_nonVolatile);
   vacm->addNewGroup(SecurityModel_v1, "public",
                     "v1v2group", storageType_nonVolatile);
Then the "v1v2group" is given access to "v1ReadView", "v1WriteView" and
"v1NotifyView". That all include the whole MIB (Subtree "1.3").