Engine ID automatic discovery

Vucenovic, Sasa svucenovic____incognito.com
Thu Jun 5 21:22:57 CEST 2003

Hello,
I'm using SNMP++v3.2.7 on both Windows (2000) and Sparc-Solaris platforms
for the SNMPv3 manager purposes - receive informs, do set/get requests.
Problem I'm having is with synchronous set requests on Solaris platform -
after client receives and sends back report, my SNMPv3 stack hangs forever -
for some reason it never either receives or processes report. This report is
a part of automatic engine ID discovery, so manager should use boots and
time value of the client for the next set, which would result in client's
response. And all this works fine on Windows platform. My question is, are
there some special settings that need to set in order to turn on automatic
engine id discovery (I'm guessing this is where the problem is) on Solaris ?
Or maybe problem is due to something else ? In any case I think SNMPv3 stack
shouldn't just hang in eventListHolder->SNMPBlockForResponse function.
Thanks,
Sasha

Sasa Vucenovic
Software Engineer