Engine ID automatic discovery

Vucenovic, Sasa svucenovic____incognito.com
Mon Jun 9 20:04:53 CEST 2003

Hi Jochen,
thanks for your reply. I am attaching here snmp_pp debug output file of my
app. As for your question about where does it hang in SNMPBlockForResponse,
I tracked it do be in do loop
do {
    yield_pump();
    SNMPProcessPendingEvents();
  } while (!m_snmpEventList->Done(req_id));

It never gets out of the loop. As a timeout, I am using 5 seconds in
blocking call
m_snmp->eventListHolder->SNMPProcessEvents(5).

Thanks,
Sasha

-----Original Message-----
From: Jochen Katz [mailto:katz____agentpp.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 6:24 AM
To: Vucenovic, Sasa
Subject: Re: Engine ID automatic discovery

Hi,

> after client receives and sends back report, my SNMPv3 stack hangs forever
-
> for some reason it never either receives or processes report. This report
is

could you send me the output of your application if compiled with _DEBUG
defined, so I could see where it hangs.

> a part of automatic engine ID discovery, so manager should use boots and
> time value of the client for the next set, which would result in client's
> response. And all this works fine on Windows platform. My question is, are
> there some special settings that need to set in order to turn on automatic
> engine id discovery (I'm guessing this is where the problem is) on Solaris
?
> Or maybe problem is due to something else ? In any case I think SNMPv3
stack
> shouldn't just hang in eventListHolder->SNMPBlockForResponse function.

There is nothing to configure specific for solaris. EngineId discovery
is turned on by default on all systems. If it hangs in
SNMPBlockForResponse, I would assume a very big timeout, as the message
should time out. Where exacly in this method does it hang (the do-loop
or the lock call)?