hostname problem with snmpd

Frank.Fock____t-online.de Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Tue Jun 10 00:58:51 CEST 2003

Hi Dave,

I suspect the kill-9 being the problem. The hostname
ist not stored in the persistence data storage by
default. However it can be indirectly used by the
SNMP-TARGET-MIB. But anyway, kill-9 while the agent
writes data to the persistent storage files will
invalidate them. A fail-safe solution would be to
backup the old ones on every start-up (and use them
if an error is detected with the new ones, i.e. they
have not been completely written...)