SNMPv3 informs

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Tue Mar 25 02:27:08 CET 2003

Mike,

the "unknown engine ID" report is normal behaviour.
After having received it, AGENT++ should try a time
synchronization (which I am pretty sure it does -
Jochen and me have tested this while looking for
interoperability problems). May be SilverCreek does
not properly respond to the time synchronization?

You could use the Ethereal sniffer to see what's
going on. It does on-the-fly decoding of the
SNMP packets which helps a lot.