Changing Timeouts (Re: memory leaks in snmp++)

Henning Eggers henning.eggers____plath.de
Mon May 12 13:36:51 CEST 2003

Hi Jochen!

>The original snmp++ did
> not support multiple threads, so this could not happen.
That explains it.

> When sending out async requests, while SNMPMainLoop() is
> sleeping/waiting in select(), the callback is not called until the
> select() returns, so even a 1 second timeout could be too long.
Yes, I thought about that, too, but I didn't want to ask for too many code
changes...

> Are there any objections against changing this to milliseconds?
That's fine by me. Seems the right thing to do!

Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards,
Henning