Problem of snmp++ inline function

Zheng Qiang zhengqiang____huawei.com
Fri May 16 08:00:45 CEST 2003

Hello Frank,

When I use snmp++ DLL in VC7 environment, some inline function introduce problem.
These functions use the 'static' member of class.

I found the following 3 functions:
1) The constructor of SnmpTarget
  SnmpTarget()
    : validity(false), timeout(default_timeout), retries(default_retries),
    version(version1), ttype(type_base) {};

[static member]
  static unsigned long default_timeout; ///< default timeout for new objects
  static int default_retries;           ///< default retries for new objects

2) The 2 functions of CNotifyEventQueue
    static void set_listen_port(int port) { m_listen_port = port; };
    static int get_listen_port() { return m_listen_port; };

[static member]
    static int           m_listen_port;

When these functions are called, the VC7 compiler will expend the inline implement
and will issue an error that the symbol of static member can't be found.
-- error LNK2001.

I move the implement to the regarding .cpp, this error can be solved.

Best regards.