Option -v3

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Fri May 30 16:37:20 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Again i tried to run the -v3 option, I tried to
> execute one of the agent in examples directory. But it
> gives an error saying: ./agent: error while loading
> shared libraries: libagent++.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory.....

this is a "problem" of shared libs. You have two possibilities:
1) do a
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/your_path_to/agent++/lib
before starting the agent.
2) remove the shared agent++ lib .../agent++/lib/lib*.so and the agent
binary and call make to rebuild the example agent (this time without the
sahred lib).

> Also in directory agentgen i tried to run the make
> file, but here also i gives an error "Modules.mk not
> found"....i tried to look into the archives of mailing
> list and found that those files are installed by
> AgentPro.

You only need agentgen if you want to simplify the process of
implementing your own MIB, as it generates code from MIB files.

> Again its a novice question....where do i create user
> and passwd, is there any file???

The cnosoleExamples don't save or load users from file, they just add
the one user specified as command line params. The USM class has methods
to save and load users from and to files, but I don't think that anyone
would want to edit one of those files.

> and what parameters i have to pass for contextName= ,
> contextEngineID=

Those, that are needed to contact the agent. ;-)
If none are specified the default context ("") and the engineID of the
agent are used.