[AGENT++] Processing errors for multiple varbinds in SNMP req uest

Rajesh Semwal rsemwal at sta.samsung.com
Thu Nov 13 23:33:42 CET 2003

Frank,

Thanks for your reply.
I raised this question because I noticed that in the case of SNMP-Get
request, the function <void MibLeaf::get_request()> is used to fetch the
required value into the SNMP response PDU. Since it returns void, there is
no way to let the caller know of any error(like NO_ACCESS) encountered while
fetching the value. Moreover, the MibLeaf::get_request() method also sets
the error_status and error_index field in SNMP response PDU in case of an
error. Therefore even if there was an error encountered before, the caller
will keep processing all the varbinds in request and thus overwriting the
error fields of SNMP reponse PDU with the latest values, in case of multiple
errors.

Please let me know if I misunderstood the code.

Thanks,
Rajesh