[AGENT++] Set value by set_row( ), doesnot check syntax

Rajeev Bhatia rbhatia at giga-stream.de
Fri Nov 14 11:17:25 CET 2003

Hello,

I am new for the Agnet++ user. I just wanted to know
Is it the user(developer) responsibilty to check the syntax for the value to
be set. As I noticed that if by mistake in my set_row() I assign the
OctetStr value for MIB integer variable, Agent doesnot complain and set that
value as string.
So it should be the Agent job to do Syntax varification or I should do it in
my set_row() for each variable that is going to be set.

Thanks and regards
Rajeev Bhatia