[AGENT++] (no subject)

Sharon Caspi sharonc at scopus.net
Sun Nov 16 09:24:55 CET 2003

Hello.

I am using snmp++3.2.9a.

I am writing the next program (pseocode):

main()
{
	//Creating two snmp objects
	Snmp Snmp_Object1;
	Snmp Snmp_Object2;

	... Doing all required initializations:

	//Registering for traps receiving:
	Object1.notify_register(...);
	Object2.notify_register(...);

}

The problem:
	When I invoke :	Object2.notify_register(...);
		I fail.

I took a look at your code and I see that you try to open a socket (port 162 - the default one).

int CNotifyEventQueue::AddEntry(Snmp *snmp,
				const OidCollection &trapids,
				const TargetCollection &targets,
				const AddressCollection &addresses)
you use m_msgCount member in order to decide whether the socket was already binded. But this is not work well
since it is not static.

I believe that your code will work properly if I will create only one instance of Snmp object.