[AGENT++] problem using notify_register()

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Tue Nov 18 00:36:56 CET 2003

Hi,

> 	//Creating two snmp objects
> 	Snmp Snmp_Object1;
> 	Snmp Snmp_Object2;

> 	//Registering for traps receiving:
> 	Object1.notify_register(...);
> 	Object2.notify_register(...);

> 	When I invoke :	Object2.notify_register(...);
> 		I fail.

yes, since the EventListHolder class was added, only the first
notify_register will work.

> you use m_msgCount member in order to decide whether the socket was
> already binded. But this is not work well  since it is not static.

The goal of EventListHolder was to eliminate the static global
notification list... So now I'm not really sure what to do:
a) go back to the global list so that multiple Snmp objects can register
for notifications
b) remove the obsolete m_msgCount and document that only one Snmp object
is allowd to call notify_register()

Any comments?