[AGENT++] Agent++/SNMP++ Intro

Andrew Chen achen at superteltech.com
Wed Oct 1 00:23:52 CEST 2003

Hi:

I'm currently developing a SNMP manager as well as an agent, still new to
the area, will appreciate any pointer on the following questions:

i. How do I develop an agent that is transport independent, such as running
the SNMP operations over a RS-232?  Where do I start changing the codes (or
adding new ones) from the Agent++ 3.5 download?

ii. How do I develop SNMP++ on VS 7.0, i.e. writing managed C++ on MS .NET
platform?

ii. How do I add on the various Window UI components to SNMP++?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Andrew

>iii. I noticed you also provide a link to SNMP++, as the public library to
>writing a management application, can I use SNMP++ on MS Visual Studio 7.0?

Yes.

>Does it require many changes to port the classes to a .NET managed
>environment?

I have no idea, because I have not done it yet. But may
someone on the AGENT++ mailing list has more information
for you.

Best regards,
Frank Fock