[AGENT++] debug messages

Henning Eggers henning.eggers at plath.de
Tue Oct 14 10:35:04 CEST 2003

> > i'm still a bit new to SNMP++ and AGENT++. from reading the docs and
> > going through the examples, i've managed to put together an agent, but i
> > have a question -- how do i get rid of the DEBUG messages that get
> > printed on the terminal screen? btw, i'm using RH9.
>
> for agent++ edit agent++.h: #define _NO_LOGGING
> and for snmp++ make sure that you don't have _DEBUG defined.

Changing the "debug_level" variable could help, too. Unfortunately, Snmp++
contains quite a lot of debugprintfs with debug level "0". I once did a
search & replace on "debugprintf(0," to get them all up to 1 at least to be
able to do a bit more fine tuning on debug output.
Maybe debugprintf should not accept a 0 as a parameter but it would be even
better to use a sensible debug level value for the outputs.

Greetings,
Henning