[AGENT++] boolean representation

Henning Eggers henning.eggers at plath.de
Thu Oct 16 12:46:52 CEST 2003

> Define an enumerated type. For example:
> BooleanType ::= INTEGER { false(0), true(1) }

Yeah, that would be best. There is a TC in SNMPv2-TC called "TruthValue" but
I stopped using it because it defines true=1 and false=2 which is rather
confusing to users.

> With regards to your "best practices" question, I always recommend
> "Understanding SNMP MIBs" - Perkins & McGinnis, Prentice Hall, ISBN
> 0-13-437708-7

That is a good book though not fully up-to-date. Since it also is the _only_
book on MIB design you don't really have a choice but to get it and read it
if you want to create "correct" MIBs.

Regards,
Henning