[AGENT++] AgentX master/subagents: trap recipients? access controls?

Henning Eggers henning.eggers at plath.de
Fri Sep 5 07:44:18 CEST 2003

> I have a request from a customer who would like to have our SNMP agent
> (Agent++ on Linux) provide additional system information on running
> processes, disk usage, CPU performance, etc.; exactly the sort of thing
> you find in HOST-RESOURCES-MIB.

I have the same sort of request here, except that it is for Windows. Since
we are already using AgentX, it would obviously be best to have a subagent
that queries the API to get that sort of information. Has anyone done an
Agent++-Agent for HOST-RESOURCES? It doesn't have to be an AgentX-subagent,
because that could easily be converted.

> Still, I'm wondering how this is handled under AgentX -- how a master
> agent and subagent with different access control and trap handling
> mechanisms interact.  Does the subagent simply leave everything to the
> master?  Does view/user checking occur in both places?

The master is the master is the master ;-)