[AGENT++] Notification OID Error

BalaSubrahmanyam Gattu bgattu at sta.samsung.com
Sat Sep 13 02:14:39 CEST 2003

Hi,

    I am trying to make a simple notification agent.

    I am getting invalid OID's for the variables at the manager. At agent if
I print all the trap VBs all the OID's are printing properly. If I use
hardcoded OID values like "1.2.3" they are reaching manager properly.

    Can you kindly advise me in this regard.

  I get data as unsigned char *payload and variables information in tVar
structure. I am preparing the variable binds like following:

  Oid notifOid("1.2.3.4.0.5");

  Vbx *vb;
  vb = new Vbx[tInfo.numOfFields]; //Assign memory to variable binds

  //In loop prepare notification variable bind information
  for(int fCount=0; fCount < tInfo->numOfFields; fCount++)
  {

    //Set the OID for each of the variable
    Oid *vOidPtr = new Oid(tInfo->tVar[fCount].vOid);
    vb[fCount].set_oid(*vOidPtr);

    bufPtr = payload+tInfo->tVar[fCount].memStartPos;

    //Set the Value for each of the variable
    switch(tInfo->tVar[fCount].type)
    {
      case ASN_INTEGER:     //(0x02) or Integer32
      {
         long lVal;
         memcpy(&lVal, bufPtr, sizeof(long));
         SnmpInt32 *int32Ptr = new SnmpInt32(lVal);
         vb[fCount].set_value(*int32Ptr);
      }
           break;
      case ASN_OCTET_STR:   //(0x04)
      {
         OctetStr *octetPtr = new OctetStr((unsigned char *)bufPtr,
                         (unsigned long) tInfo->tVar[fCount].dimension);
         vb[fCount].set_value(*octetPtr);
      }
           break;

      case ASN_OBJECT_ID:   //(0x06)
      {
           Oid *oidPtr = new Oid((const char *)bufPtr);
           vb[fCount].set_value(*oidPtr);
      }
           break;

  //Send the notification
  _notifOriginator.generate(vb, tInfo.numOfFields, notifOid, "", "");

  //Delete memory
  delete[] vb;

Thanks in advance.

With Best Regards,