[AGENT++] "Proxy" Agent

Kapeller Robert robert.kapeller at siemens.com
Mon Apr 26 07:47:25 CEST 2004

Hi!

I want to use agent++ to build a shared library as an extension to an
existing applikation.
This lib should achieve the following functionality:

- receive errors and warnings from the app it is linked to and
- send corresponding traps (MIB self defined) to a manager

- receive traps from other agents on the machine (i.e. hardware traps)
- map them to a common (self defined) trap MIB
- forward them to a defined manager

- process managers get-requests (for previously generated alarms stored in
tables)

It is not necessary to forward requests to the original agents, only the
self defined MIB should be processed.

How can I do this with agent++ (and preferably agentGenPro)? Is this even
usefull? Or is there a more general solution?

As you already might have guessed: I'm rather an SNMP-beginner....

Thank you in advance - robert.