[AGENT++] Problem with V3 and snmpGet console example

Mr. AWD mrawd at excite.com
Wed Aug 4 16:57:21 CEST 2004

Hi there!

I was trying to use the console examples from the snmp++/consoleExamples folder to verify some of the SNMPv3 request, but I can’t even make a successful default sysDescription GET.
Down below is what arguments I have used, but obviously there is something missing in there. You can also see an output from the command. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!!
consoleExamples]$ ./snmpGet 10.4.4.96 -v3 -snunsecureUser -sl1 -sm0 -cnother

SNMP++ Get to 10.4.4.96 SNMPV3 Retries=1 Timeout=100ms
securityName= unsecureUser, securityLevel= 1, securityModel= 3
contextName= other, contextEngineID=
Oid = 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0
Value =
Exception: 128 occured.

Fedja
Ps. Agent is default configured with all of the typical items one can find in the main() function. Things like V3 users: unsecureUser in newGroup group, initial in initial group, MD5, and SHA in testNoPrivGroup, and so on.