[AGENT++] More on Community/Security Name?

Mr. AWD mrawd at excite.com
Mon Aug 9 19:24:16 CEST 2004

Hello again!

Then, where is that “public” string defined when you have SNMPv3 enabled and V1 or V2 request is sent to it? Basically, I am trying to give potential users ability to change the community string to something else but “public”, but even by changing the security name to something else, “public” one still remains in there. Is that the correct behavior or maybe a possible bug in the agent?

Thanks a lot!

Fedja

--- On Sun 08/08, Jochen Katz < katz at agentpp.com > wrote:From: Jochen Katz [mailto: katz at agentpp.com]To: agentpp at agentpp.orgDate: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 21:16:43 +0200Subject: Re: [AGENT++] More on Community/Security Name?Hi,

> More questions about this security problem and community string.
> Well, I am using a main() similar to the
> /agent++/agengen/agent/src/agent.cpp and it looks like that when I
> add a new vacm group for V1 or V2 as in the example, the string
> “public” used in there gets to be a Security Name, while Read and
> Write community strings get added by the ReguestList constructor and
> those are defaulted to the “public”.

ok, but if SNMPv3 is enabled the communities of the RequestList are not
checked.

> Well when I change security name
> to something else and send V1/V2 request they work with either one of
> those names entered as the Community Name.

No only the SNMPv3 configuration is used. You can disable v1 and v2c
through not adding groups with SecurityModel_v1_v2 to the VACM.