[AGENT++] Agent++ Problem and Multithreaded intial loop

Gerhard Wiesinger lists at wiesinger.com
Wed Feb 4 18:18:53 CET 2004

Hello!

SNMP++ works great when I do the main loop in the main Thread.

		while (!m_Break)
		{
	  		req = reqList->receive(2);

			if (req)
			{
				mib->process_request(req);
			}
			else
			{
				mib->cleanup();

But I have too run the AGENT++ in a separate thread (because of other
tasks)

Problem is when I start the above code in a separate thread, that
reqList->receive(2);
returns immediatly.

Of course all Code is compiled multithreaded.

Platform is Win32 with Visual C++ 6.0 SP 5 but it should work on Linux
too. (We have some sort of thread abstraction which works well).

Debugging:
Snmpx::receive
iv_snmp_session is 3435973836 and max_fd is then negative (maybe
conversion to int?)

and nfound = select(max_fd+1, &readfds, 0, 0, tvptr);
returns -1.

Any ideas?

Thank you for the answer.

Ciao,