[AGENT++] Consts in SNMP++

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Thu Feb 12 00:39:43 CET 2004

Hi,

the const fixes will be in the next release.

> Since friendly_name() seems not be called by SNMP++/AGENT++
> internally, it would be sufficient if the user of an address object
> synchronize access to this method when the address object is used in
> multiple threads. On the other hand, it would also be no problem to
> make the method synchronized in SNMP++.
>
> Let's see what Jochen decides ;-)

:-) I would decide that the Address classes are not to be used between
multiple threads. The same is true for Pdu, Vb, OctetStr,...

If you're only worried about the friendly_name method, I would suggest
calling it once after creation of an address object. Or I could change any
iv_friendly_name[0] = 0 to memset(iv_friendly_name,...).