[AGENT++] Building Windows and Linux versions...

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Thu Feb 19 00:20:03 CET 2004

Mr. AWD wrote:

>Well, I was able to start the service with no errors, but when queried with GET request, it times out every time (error message is Request Timed Out). I was using only V1 and V2c request for testing. Could it be that I still need a full V3 configuration in order for agent to accept V1 and V2c?

No, you can leave the SNMPv3 configuration as it is by default.
However, you will have to add a community for "read" in the
security tab of the SNMP service properties and you will have
to add at least the "localhost" to the list of accepted management hosts.
(The original SNMP service accepts packets from any hosts when
there are no hosts defined. The AgentX++ does not accept any
SNMPv1/v2c packets if no accepted source address is specified)

You will have to restart the SNMP service after these changes.