[AGENT++] Branch Handler

Fehde, Marcus Marcus.Fehde at draeger.com
Thu Jan 15 12:39:42 CET 2004

Hi!

I'm currently concernd with the evaluation of SNMP agents for our next project.
One requirement is to handle MIB objects on a branch basis.
This means that I do not have one single C++ class for every MIB object, but I've a
branch handler that covers all leafs of a branch.
Example: The branch "sysInformation" has the objects "infDeviceName", "infDeviceType" and "infDeviceID".

void SysInformationHandler( int lastmatch, int instance, Response& response )
{
  switch( lastmatch )
  {
    case InfDeviceName:
      response = ...;
      break;

    case InfDeviceType:
      response = ...;
      break;

    case InfDeviceID:
      response = ...;
      break;

I think this is enough to explain the idea.

Since I've to model every class with a modelling tool it is not very convenient to do this for several hundred MIB objects.
Is it possible to do this with the Agent++ framework?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards

Marcus Fehde
Dipl.-Ing. Technische Inf. (FH)
Business Unit Anesthesia
Research and Development