[AGENT++] SNMP++.NET

Marek Malowidzki malowidz at wil.waw.pl
Fri Jan 16 15:07:49 CET 2004

Hi all,

during one of our research projects in the Institute we have implemented
.NET wrappers for SNMP++. That is, we have an SNMP manager-side component
for manager applications written in the .NET environment. We plan to make
the software available as open-source, under the same license which comes
with SNMP++.

I would like to ask if anyone is interested in reviewing the code? I mean a
discussion on the interface, which I think is the most important thing.
Also, as I do not find myself an SNMP++ expert, I would be grateful for
reviewing the managed C++ to unmanaged C++ bridge for possible mistakes in
the use of SNMP++ libraries (the wrapping work was somehow automatic). The
current SNMP++ version is 3.2.9c, the standalone version that may be
downloaded from Agent++ web site.

The current status should be seen as beta - we have a console utility
written in C# that demonstrates "the SNMP++.NET style" and we have checked
that all three versions and main options seem to work ok.

Marek