[AGENT++] Unavailable variables

Mads Møller Grønfeldt mmg at dse.dk
Thu Jul 15 10:02:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

If my agent get a request for a variable that isn't available at the moment( ie. a subsystem is down ), how do I indicate this to the requesting application? I guess I could use SNMP_ERROR_RESOURCE_UNAVAIL, but how do I "return" this as the answer to a get_request?

Secondly I am still having trouble adding a row to the snmpTargetAddr table, if I try to add a row using the Mib Explorer, I get Inconsistent value, wrong value, etc. Can someone please give me a walkthrough for dummies on how to add a row to this table, as I obviously doesn't get it?

Best regards
Mads