[AGENT++] Problem when run agentx++win32master process

Dave White dave.white at efi.com
Fri Jul 23 03:34:17 CEST 2004

Daniel,

I would guess that one (or more) of the SnmpExtension DLL agents that
agentx++win32master loaded did not return a valid handle when a call was made
to its SnmpExtensionInit function (through the variable initFunction).  I
think that the code in ExtensionDLL::init needs to initialize the value of
the local variable eventHandle to zero in case the called routine does not
set the value eventHandle to anything.  I also suggest checking the value
after the call to the SnmpExtensionInit function to insure that the value is
not INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE.  If it is, then it should zero the local
eventHandle variable.  The code in TrapPoller::run is already set up to not
add any event handles that are zero.

For example, try the following:

HANDLE eventHandle = 0;
AsnObjectIdentifier asnOid;
BOOL status = initFunction(0, &eventHandle, &asnOid);
if (eventHandle == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE)
    eventHandle = 0;

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Dave