[AGENT++] Intercept and manipulate PDU question.....

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Wed Jun 16 23:36:09 CEST 2004

Hi Alexander,

alexander link wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>Situation:
>I would like to set the value of one MIB object (e.g. objectA ) only if the value of another object (e.g. objectB)
>matches a certain condition.
>
>Problem:
>Is there any possiblity to intercept and manipulate the received PDU without diving into the agent++ api? Can I

Yes of course, but I would not call it intereception. If value of
objectA is to be changed,
then simply check value of objectB by overwriting the
objectA::prepare_set_request method.
If objectB is allowed to be set in the same request, you will also have
to check if there is a value
in the Request in another sub-request set for that objectB.

>furthermore introduce a new (private) return error which can be applied to the response PDU? This could be

Yes, you can return any error code you want, but that's no longer SNMP then.
I would rather (strongly) recommend using inconsistentValue instead as
error code.