[AGENT++] Hmmm, another try with the table questions?

Mr. AWD mrawd at excite.com
Thu Jun 17 01:46:18 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I was under the impression that this will be relatively easy to do as much as dealing with the scalar objects, but I think that I am just struggling too much to have this done. The problem is to get the table with one and two indexes working correctly.

I tried to follow the Agent++ 2.1 manual, but it is not clear enough to me what to do here. The solutions that I have for the particular problems seem a bit overdone and I can’t help but think that there must be an easier way.

Here is the thing. Code created with AgenPro 2.1 comes with the all table objects added in the constructor with add_col() function. Then there is also set_row() function that sets all of the elements for the particular raw at once. So, it looks like that once the GET request arrives and get_request() gets called, I would have to get all of the values for the whole row and set them with the set_row(). Even if I would need to return just one of the elements from the table I would have to set the whole row? Right? Example would be of great help here…

On the other hand, I am also struggling with setting up the rows and the right number of them. I still didin’t figure out the best way to know when and how to create them. I mean, there is add_row() function that sets a row with the particular index (parameter of the function), but I believe that there has to be an easier way to figure out when to add a new one and when not and where to do that! Again, an example would worth a lot here!

So, I did see an example of the ATM mib and there is use of the “Sim” objects (like SImMibLeaf) and I am not sure that I understand how all of that works. If that is the way to do it, I guess I would need to specify to the AgenPro to build the stubs with the “Sim” objects, but as of now I am still quite confused about all of that.

So, any place to look for some examples or a tutorial that could help would be really nice to see!

Thanks

Fedja