[AGENT++] Mib Contexts

Brackstone, Wayne (UK) wayne.brackstone at baesystems.com
Tue Jun 29 11:35:28 CEST 2004

Hi,

Recently I've developed a number of agents and following the examples I've included the call to Mib::init thinking that it was just part of the normal initialisation. We were having issues with an implementation of the host resources as the agent would unexpectedly create our running software dynamic tables for us. Anyway, removing the init call solved the problem and a perusal of the documentation stated its purpose. However, my question is how was the data being persisted in the first place as we were not specifiying a path in the Mib constructor. Assuming that some default path is being used I assume its possible to switch off this persisting of data ?

Regards
Wayne