[AGENT++] About get_request

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Mon Mar 1 20:43:47 CET 2004

Hi,

> I couldn't retrieve any values. When I send a get_request for the
> MibLeaf
> I get an exception 128. And also the procedure for MibLeaf, get_request
> doesn't get processed when a request for MibLeaf is sent.
>
> As you have mentioned I don't get a timeout.
> May I know the reason for this error.

exception 128 is sNMP_SYNTAX_NOSUCHOBJECT. So your table either does not
have the requested row or the VACM denies access to the table.

So:
- check that you call mib.add(new yourtableclass(...))
- check that in the constructor of yourtableclass you first
   call add_col() and then add_row()
   see atmInterfaceConfEntry::atmInterfaceConfEntry()
- review your VACM configuration (examples are in
   examples/*/src/agent.cpp)