[AGENT++] Little change in example causes seg fault

Joseph Müller mueller_jose at yahoo.de
Fri Nov 5 13:45:47 CET 2004

Hello,

I am new to agent++ and I just tried to implement a
simple String Variable on my own. But it didn't work.

Running the examples works and on the start of the
agent something like "Thread started" appears.

With my little changes, this doesn't appear any more
and an snmpwalk causes a segmentation fault.

If I take the static_table example and delete the line
mib.add(new snmp_target_mib());
the agent stops due to a segmentation fault on start.

Could someone explain what is the reason for that?

Thanks,
Jose