[AGENT++] Changing community for generated traps

Mr. AWD mrawd at excite.com
Tue Nov 16 20:59:57 CET 2004

Hi there,

Well, since I had the very same problem to solve, I created a parser object that was able to get all of the entered information from the SNMP configuration file. The parser is able to get all of the group, user, access, and view entries besides those needed for the notification support (notify, address, and params entries). The last three will allow you to specify your desired community string in the case of V1/V2 or use any of the entered groups with specified user in the case of the V3.

There is also support for the four sys group objects (system ID, description, contact, and location) if needed.

Let me know if you are willing to check it out or if it would be worth to add it as a part of the Agent++ perhaps.

Fedja

--- On Tue 11/16, Jochen Katz < katz at agentpp.com > wrote:From: Jochen Katz [mailto: katz at agentpp.com]To: Richard.Gebhart at motorola.com Cc: agentpp at agentpp.orgDate: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:32:37 +0100Subject: Re: [AGENT++] Changing community for generated trapsHi,

> virtual boolean NotificationOriginator::add_v1_trap_destination ( const UdpAddress & dest ) [virtual]
>
> Make all necessary entries in snmpTargetAddressTable, snmpTargetParamsTable, and snmpNotifyTable for the given v1 trap destination.
>
> All rows added will be named defaultV1Trap. The community used for generated traps will be public.

> Is there anyway to generate a trap with a community name other than Public?

sure, just take these functions as an example and do the same with the
input values you like.